Monster Cookies have always been a family favorite. This adapted recipe from Bakerella would really simplify the process. It’s on our “must try” list. ~ Jan
Monster Cookie Bars Makes 20
2⅔ cups flour 2 tsp. baking powder ½ tsp. salt ⅔ cup butter, softened 1½ cups light brown sugar 3 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels 1 cup white chocolate morsels 1 cup M&M’s ½ cup dried cranberries, raisins or cherries ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, use a wire whisk to mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar together until blended. Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated. Then add vanilla and mix.
4. Slowly add the flour and mix until combined. Stir in dark and white chocolate morsels, M&M’s, dried cranberries and coconut.
5. Spread into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes until done. If the top starts to get too brown, you can cover the top with a sheet of aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes of baking.