Hacienda Salsa

by 👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳, February 02, 2011

We have a local mexican restaurant, Hacienda, who has the most amazing salsa.  It's definitely for the midwestern palate, not at all authentic as salsas go, but the locals, including yours truly, absolutely adore it.  I found this recipe posted on Group Recipe site for Hacienda Salsa, it looks very similar to what I'm used to. I'm also posting her recipe for Ranch Dip.  

I hope you all enjoy these recipes as much as my friends and I do, we think they're just wonderful.

~ jan

Hacienda Salsa, an adapted recipe from Group Recipe Site

 1 large (28oz) can whole tomatoes
  • 1 small can (7 oz) jalapenos (with onions and carrots that's how they come if you can find that size can if not you'll have to guess)
  • 1 large (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
  • garlic salt to taste (about 2tsp)
  • salt to taste (about 2tsp)
  • Optional:  If you want this chunky, add a drained 15 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes
  • In blender combine large can of whole tomatoes (drained) and jalapenos puree.
    • Pour entire contents of crushed tomatoes in large bowl. Slowly add tomato/jalapeno puree. Add garlic salt and salt. Mix until will blended.
    • Hint: If you're using larger can of jalapenos and have to guess, it's always easier to puree a bit more and add than it is to take away!
    • Note:  When I'll make this recipe, I'll drain the jalapenos with onions and carrots, and I may also drain the whole tomatoes, because I don't want the salsa to be soupy or be too vinegary.  Then after I puree, I will adjust and add back liquid if I need to.  ~ Jan
    • -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Hacienda Ranch Dip, an adapted recipe from Group Recipe Site
    • 1 package dry original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
      • Follow directions on packet, but double the mayo (make sure it's mayo, not Miracle Whip)
      • Mix slowly with spatula until creamy
      • Optional:  Top with sliced scallions and/or parsley, stir in hot pepper flakes if you want it spicy

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan CAN Cook · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS