Jello Salads…

in , , by 👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳, May 30, 2010
I’m a huge fan of Jello salads, all of them, Perfection,  Orange with Mandarin Oranges, Lime with Pineapple and Cream Cheese, but my favorite of all is the one Mother made when I was a child.  In fact, I whipped up a batch this morning and it’s chilling in the fridge.  I think she originally made hers with raspberry jello, but I’m a cherry girl, so that’s the way I make it.  It’s so simple, here’s the recipe. 

~ jan
Mom’s Apple Pecan Jello Salad
1 large package sugar free Cherry Jello
1-1/2 cups boiling water
1-1/2 cups cold water
2 apples cut into small dice – I use one of my favorite kitchen gadgets for this, my Williams-Sonoma Vegetable Chopper, the full size one, not the mini
chopped pecans
chopped celery (Mother always put this in, I omit it)
Chill all ingredients, occasionally stirring it when it begins to set up so that the apple mixture is distributed evenly throughout the Jello.  This stuff is really addictive!
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan CAN Cook · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS