from Martha Stewart...
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch cocoa
- 1 tablespoon finely ground espresso beans
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees with two racks spaced evenly apart. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift together flour, cocoa, and espresso beans; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture, scraping down sides of bowl twice.
- Roll 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough between the palms of your hand to form a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining batter, spacing cookies two inches apart. Using a dinner fork, press tines into dough, and gently press into biscuit shape. Bake biscuits just until firm to the touch, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve these dessert biscuits with coffee ice cream.