I first posted this recipe back in 2009, it’s a family favorite and worth repeating. Perfect for the 4th of July weekend, with fresh blueberries and strawberries for garnish… ~ Jan
Prep: 10 min., Freeze: 4 hrs.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 (5-oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (3.4-oz.) packages lemon instant pudding mix
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, completely thawed
- 1 (9-oz.) ready-made prepared graham cracker crust
- Garnishes: whipped cream, fresh mint sprigs, lemon slices
1. Whisk together evaporated milk and pudding mix in a bowl 2 minutes or until thickened.
2. Beat cream cheeses at medium speed with an electric mixer, using whisk attachment, until fluffy. Add lemonade concentrate, beating until blended; add pudding mixture, and beat until blended.
3. Pour into crust; freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish, if desired.
Note: The original recipe called for partially thawed lemonade concentrate – that’s what I did, but when I incorporated it with the softened cream cheese, the cream cheese congealed into small pieces, and it was really difficult to get it smooth again. This can easily be remedied by using thawed concentrate. ~ jan