Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bring Back the Jiggle...

NewImage

Everything that goes around comes around.  Congealed salads are the latest darling of the food world, they were always on Mother’s table in the 50’s a nd 60’s and now they’re back in a big way.

My all time favorite is Perfection Salad, made the way mother did with pineapple, carrots and cabbage in lime or lemon Jello, it’s a oldie but goodie.

Lucy’s Perfection Salad

2 (3 oz.) pkgs. lemon or lime Jello

1/4 head cabbage, chopped

2 carrots, chopped or grated

1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple

Dissolve Jello in 2 cups boiling water; stir well. Add 1 1/2 cups cold water. Add vegetables and pineapple with juice.

Put in jello mold and chill several hours.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We made this when I was growing up and served it with a dollop of mayonnaise.

Cheri B said...

I think my grandmother made this in a 9x13" pan with a cream cheese topping (?). I think this is it! We loved it. Going to make it and take it over to my 92 yr old Father's house. I hope it's the same one. Thank you so so much!