This has always been a family favorite of ours, perfect for this January weather...
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 boiled potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced mushrooms
- Flour to thicken, approximately 1/4 cup
- In a large saucepan, sauté broccoli, mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour to make a roux, then add milk, basil and pepper; heat through. Add
- cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.