Amish Fried Chicken

in , by 👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳, January 16, 2014

NewImage

 

I’m on a fried chicken kick this week and this Amish Fried Chicken is a recipe I’ve made several times with good results.  The seasonings are really good, the dried marjoram gives it a different flavor.

This is the recipe I made, from Food.com with just a few adaptations to the spices.  I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt, and also added a teaspoon of onion powder.  I also added a teaspoon of paprika for a nice golden color.   I also soak it overnight in sweet milk, I think that milk makes chicken more tender, and gives it a nice flavor.

This is so easy because you bake it instead of fry it, it’s really delicious.  ~ Jan

Photo courtesy of Midwest Living

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

© Jan CAN Cook · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS