Moist, decadent, delicious brownies made with simple ingredients you have in your pantry. These seriously are the best butterscotch brownies you will ever eat! My daughter-in-law, Lindsay is a huge fan, this has been her signature recipe for a few years now. They really are wonderful and so easy to make.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (well-packed) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8 x l0-nch baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and add the sugar. Combine well. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, mixing while adding.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring while adding. When the wet and dry mixtures are well combined stir in the vanilla and the walnuts, if using.
- Scrape the batter into the pan. Bake the brownies for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool for about 20 minutes before cutting. Serve them right out of the pan or arrange on a platter.