Brown Sugar Blend Splenda Substitute

in , by 👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳, September 05, 2012

splenda

You can save a massive amount of calories with this substitute, I can’t wait to try it!

I was reading Jamie, at Your Lighter Side, this morning, my favorite Low Carb Blog, and she is posting a substitution for Brown Sugar Blend Splenda, which I seem to never have on hand when I need it.

Her alternative looks pretty good, and so many less calories than the Blend.  If I’m correct, I believe that in the past I made a copycat Brown Sugar Blend Splenda, which was half brown sugar, half Splenda, but Jamie is saying that you can add one Tablespoon of molasses to every cup of “your favorite sweetener” which for me is Splenda, mash it with a fork to incorporate molasses and you have a wonderful substitute.

And one tablespoon of molasses is 58 calories, however, 1/2 cup of brown sugar is 415 calories, and that is a HUGE savings.

Sounds good to me, I know what I’m going to be trying in the kitchen today!

 You can read her entire article here…

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan CAN Cook · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS