Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mrs. Hullings Banana Cream Pie

This is simply the best banana cream pie you will ever eat.  I get lots of people inquiring about my post for Lawry’s Coconut Banana Cream Pie, and while it is simply amazing, Mrs. Hulling’s recipe knocks it out of the ballpark.  If you click on the image it will enlarge.  My mother wrote out this recipe from a newspaper years ago, and we’ve made it countless times.  This is a scrapbooked page I made using her handwriting.

mrshullinspie(1)

3 comments:

Rose said...

Looks like a great recipe! Can't wait to try it. Love your scrapbook layout too!

Alia Albonni said...

I'm dying to try this recipe but can't decipher what the image says for the life of me! Is there any way to get it typed up? I would loooove to make this!

Moi ~ My family says I have no filter. I open my mouth and say stupid things, I've always been this way... said...

Alia, click on the recipe and it will enlarge. If you still can't read it, let me know and I'll write it out

This was my mother's handwriting, she's gone now, but oh this is a great recipe.

I have another one that has been repinned on Pinterest thousands of time - Lawry's Coconut Banana Cream Pie, it has a coconut crust. Which is best? Both are awesome, but I think I prefer Mrs. Hullings.

Here's the other recipe and let me know if you still can't read it. xx ~ Jan

http://jancooks.blogspot.com/2009/07/lawry-coconut-banana-cream-pie.html