Bakery Style Brownies

in , , by 👩‍🍳 Cooking With a Southern Vibe in Music City USA 👩‍🍳, February 04, 2012

2

I have a technique for you this morning.  I’m a fan of thick brownies, really thick ones like you get at the specialty bakery shoppes.  I don’t like thin brownies spread out in a 9x13 pan, I want them fat.  I used to bake in a 9x9 pan, sometimes in an 8x8 pan, and I got pretty good results, but I found the best way to bake them is in a 9x5 loaf pan.  They take longer to cook, but the results are worth it, thick, dense brownies.  I do the same thing with our old family favorite, Rice Krispie Treats.  I’ve bought them at Starbucks, they taste pretty much like the ones I make, but theirs are very thick.  So I made a batch in a loaf pan, then I turn them on a cutting board and slice them.  Voila, thick Rice Krispie Treats, and a lot less expensive than the ones at the Bucks.

Give this technique a try, I think you will be impressed with the results.

~ jan

BTW, the brownie you are looking at is a low fat, lower calorie version.  Just take a brownie mix, stir a can of pumpkin into it, and an egg.  No water, no oil, just those three ingredients.  The result is rich, ooey gooey low-cal brownies without the fat.  Yes, you can see the specks of pumpkin in my picture, but you don’t taste it, pinky swear you don’t, it just tastes like chocolate.  They aren’t iced either, the tops get gooey if you cover them and let them set overnite.

You can make the same recipe using a cake mix, just use pumpkin and any flavor of cake mix, I like spice a lot, I don’t even use an egg, some people do,  I just mix the pumpkin with the cake mix.  You may think it’s too dry, just keep mixing, it will turn to batter. Here’s a link to how it’s made with lots of reviews.  It’s a good thing ;o)

And back to those Rice Krispie Treats, I was on another blogger’s site today, Krissy’s Creations and she made Brown Butter Vanilla Rice Krispie treats.  I think my family would love them, here’s her link if they sound as good to you as they do to me…

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Jan CAN Cook · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS