Monday, August 22, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- Combine the cabbage, bell pepper, onion and carrot.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil and sugar. Pour enough dressing over salad to coat. Mix well , cover and refrigerate 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain any excess liquid, toss and serve cold.
Note: Sunflowers are a great addition to this coleslaw
Thursday, August 4, 2011
This great little cookie couldn’t be easier. It tastes just like lemon bars, I’m sure it could be baked in a 9 x 13 pan if you don’t want to bother with making cookies. It’s a keeper recipe, you can stir these up in five minutes.
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract
zest and juice from one lemon
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, zest, juice and lemon extract until well blended. Drop small cookie scopps of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.
While they are cooling, put additional powdered sugar in a small colander or sifter and dust the tops again…