- 2 cups olive salad
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, split horizontally
- 1/2 pound sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound sliced cooked ham
- 6 Swiss cheese slices
- 6 thin provolone cheese slices
Spread 1 cup Olive Salad evenly on bottom half of bread; layer as desired with salami, ham, and cheeses, and spread with remaining Olive Salad. Cover with bread top. Cut crosswise into sandwiches.
Southern Living, JULY 1998
- 1 (1-quart) jar mixed pickled vegetables
- 1 purple onion, quartered (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pitted green olives, drained
- 2 (2 1/4-ounce) cans chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (7.25-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped (optional)
Drain pickled vegetables, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
Pulse pickled vegetables, onion, if desired, and next 10 ingredients in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Stir in reserved vegetable liquid and, if desired, roasted red peppers; cover and chill 8 hours. Chill leftover mixture up to 2 weeks.
Note: We used mixed pickled vegetables that contained cauliflower, onion, carrot, pepper, and celery.